Would Fillers or Botox help with cheek depression when smiling? (photos)

One thing I strongly dislike is a depression / sort of hollowness that shows up in my cheeks when I smile - mainly on the left side of the face. Is this a muscular issue that occurs when I smile or is it because my cheeks are too flat? What would be my best option to correct this? Also, am I a candidate for a conservative rhinoplasty to refine my nose tip and narrow the bridge? Could I also benefit from a conservative eyelid surgery to open my eyes more? I would like to be more attractive.

Treatment for hollow cheeks

Thank you for your question.  Hollowness or depression of the cheeks can be addressed with dermal fillers.  Based on the nice pictures provided, I do not believe that you require a blepharoplasty.  I would direct any questions about rhinoplasty surgery to my colleagues who perform them.  Best of luck!   

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek depression and filler injection

First, I would like to say that you are very beautiful and there is not much that needs to be done to make you look more attractive. I will leave it to the plastic surgeons to comment on your need for blepharoplasty or rhinoplasty. That being said, a filler such as Voluma could be injected into the midface/cheeks to help improve the cheek depression that you describe. 

Cheek depression when smiling and rhinoplasty

Thank you for the questions and the photographs. The area of concern in your cheek is not something that Botox would be effective at addressing. The volume in that area can be enhanced with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Voluma or a calcium hydroxylapatite filler like Radiesse. I recommend seeking out a consult with a local surgeon with rhinoplasty and filler expertise. A full set of photographs would be necessary to delineate your rhinoplasty goals. At the same time you can learn about the filler options to determine what approach is best for you.

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Help my cheek depression

Your cheek depression can be improved with filler injections. Either a filler to restore volume such as Restylane, Voluma or Radiesse or a collagen stimulator such as Sculptra. This is not an area where Botox would help. 

Would Fillers or Botox help with cheek depression when smiling?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Nothing replaces an in-person examination to hear your specific concerns but based on your photographs alone you have an attractive profile with little need for a rhinoplasty or upper blepharoplasty - which coincidentally do not open your eyes more.  I see your area of concern along your cheek and this can be treated with a dermal filler to help plump the area and provide enough soft tissue so as to make the contour appear more uniform.  Hope this helps.

Smile Correction--Fillers (Voluma, Radiesse), Sculptra, Implants and Fat

Yes, well-placed fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat could all help improve this. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Cheek depression

Hi.  You are very pretty.  I certainly don't think you need a rhinoplasty.  Or a blepharoplasty, for that matter.

If you want to add a little fullness to the cheek area, which should help to reduce the little depression in the cheek you see when smiling, a filler like Voluma would be a good bet.  Botox or other neuromodulators would not be the correct choice.

All the best.

Fillers, botox and other procedures?

Thank you for asking about your Botox and fillers.

• First of all, you are lovely - a great place to start.
  • Fillers will help fill out your cheeks - Botox is not used in that area.
  • A little Botox under your outer brow and between the brows may give you a little lift, without eyelid surgery.
  • Filler or rhinoplasty can be considered for your nose.
  • So what about a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in cosmetic treatments to help you plan the things you want to try to improve you confidence in how you look?

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Cheek depression

Thank you for your questions.  Botox is not a filler and therefore will not correct your cheek depression.  You would likely do best with a dermal filler such as Voluma for a lasting result.  To be sure, and to discuss your options for rhinoplasty, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons who perform these procedures.  Best wishes!

Hollow cheek

You would benefit the most with injection of filler and I prefer Radiesse. you could also have the bridge injected if you wish. However, be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and that he/ she is very experienced in this as it is not a simple task

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist