I still frown, should i get more botox? If so where? (photos)

After 2 sessions of botox with 2 weeks apart from on to other , everything is perfect but i still frown.im afraid eyebrows will get too low if i get more cause they already look a bit lower but i dont mind problem: if i try to frown in a high level i cant ,but i still frown with the lower part,just at the low part between eyes and when i do,eyes look weird with skin excess.What should be the problem?should i ask more units in the same gabella place?Or should ask him to put in a lower frown area?

Botox and Frown Lines

You appear to have the correct amount of Botox.  The problem is that your line appears somewhat deep and often you cannot correct it immediately.  Over time (two years) if you continue to maintain the Botox this line will improve.  A small amount of Volbella will also improve the appearance as would Fraxel laser for the fine lines and wrinkles.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox

More Botox is not always the answer.  I recommend following up with your injector.  It may be that you need more, or you may benefit from a little filler in the line that is still there.  Be sure you are seeing an experienced injector.  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Getting the results you want with Botox and fillers

This may be treated with a touch up of Botox and/or in combination with fillers into the etched lines. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox results

More Botox injection may not necessarily be better. Sometimes, it is not possible to completely relax the muscle without also lowering the medial eyebrow. In these cases, you can expect that with multiple Botox treatments, the results will get better. You could also consider adding filler into the etched in lines that Botox may not necessarily improve. Finally, a topical skincare regimen including an antioxidant, sunscreen and retinol will help improve and maintain your results. 

Botox for Frowning

Thanks for your question. Based on your photos, I would say the treatment was effective. Only so much Botox can be injected, and complete immobility is not possible, and would also be undesirable. Good luck!

Satyen Undavia, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

More is not always better

When patients still are able to frown after Botox treatment, it could mean several things. Sometimes a higher dose is needed, especially in men. Occasionally the entire muscle was not treated and accessory muscles need more out laterally. And in some people, it is just a permanent crease in the skin that requires filler. An experienced injector should know what to do.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in glabella for frowning

Sometimes, 100% muscle relaxation is not possible. Studies have shown a 1-2 grade improvement with Botox but not everyone goes to zero. With multiple treatments over the several months, the improvements get better and better. Keep in mind that the etched in lines will not resolve but will improve also with serial treatments. I don't think further treatment will be useful at this point.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

After Botox, I still have lines

You still have wrinkles between the brows after 2 Botox sessions. It appears that your wrinkles are deeper and are seen when your face is at rest as well as when you actively contract the muscles with frowning. Botox does not always eliminate etched in wrinkles that are present at rest. Your options include a small amount of filler in that area and/or focusing on procedures that stimulate collagen. Injecting filler in the area can be associated with risks because of the vessels in the area. 

Whether more Botox/Dysport or some filler would need an evaluation

Frown lines can become etched into your skin from years of frowning, and persist even after good Botox/Dysport has taken away the movement in the frown complex. Come for an evaluation and we will be able to resolve it for you. A filler may be necessary. In any case, don't let anyone put more Botox/Dysport in your forehead, since the drop in brow position will get worse. If you have residual glabellar motion, then that could be addressed with additional Botox/Dysport. Otherwise, a filler could address the etched lines. 

Elba Pacheco, MD
Annapolis Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox

Typically it's best to avoid the "frozen" look.  I'm not sure whether this was the intention of your injector, but putting too much Botox in an area does come with some risk.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician