Is There Any Way to Change Rectangular Face Shape to Oval Shape?

is there anyway to change rectangle facial shape to oval face shape with jaw wide reduction and anything else ?

Doctor Answers 6

The Youthful Face IS triangular or upside down Pear Shaped

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you look at young faces you will see a common morphological characteristic - all young faces are triangular or upside down pear shaped. With aging comes facial sagging and howling which transform the triangle to a rectangle. Several procedures are used to restore the triangular shape including Facelift, adding volume to the mid and upper face with fat grafting or the use of fillers or the use of facial implants, depending on the individual.

Memphis Plastic Surgeon

Changing a Rectangular Face Shape (Aged) to an Oval Shape (Youthful)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi John,

Great question!  As we age and lose volume from our face due to bone, muscle, and fat loss, our youthful "oval" face morphs into an aging "rectangular" face due to the lack of underlying structural support.  Fillers can be used to recreate an oval face.  I currently prefer Sculptra in appropriate patients to accomplish this sculpting.  Choose your sculptor (physician) most carefully (seek out a Bernini over a Picasso).  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Changing the Shape of the Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Various lifting procedures can improve the shape of the face. Various injection procedures can also be utilized to give you a preview of a possible surgical result. What is best for you is hard to say without photos. If you have any doubts in your mind regarding surgery, you might prefer to use fillers first. Other options for changing the shape of your face are things such as permanent bone contour changes and implants, but these things are best discussed in person with a board certified plastic surgeon you trust who can make recommendations based on your unique facial structure.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

Rectangular face changed to an oval.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The surgeon would need to see photos in order to determine if surgery will achieve the goals you desire. Narrowing the jaw will not do this.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Changing facial shape

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Changing  the facial shape can be done fairly easily if it is due to facial aging and descent of soft tissues.  Rectangular shapes happen when the soft tissues descend.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Face Shape

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, however, if you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  However, with lower face liposuction or contouring and upper face fillers, it is possible to change a rectangular face to a more oval face.  Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.