Anything I Can Do for Area Where Upper Lip Meets the Nose?

I really do not know how to describe this without an image but the thing that I dislike about myself is the area called the philtrum (sp?). It's not that it's too long, it's just that from a profile position, it curves and joins the skin of my nose, and I have noticed that most people have more of a 90 degree angle position between the nose and philtrum. Does anyone else understand what I mean? Is there any surgery that can rectify this? Thanks

Nasolabial angle

I think you are referring to the nasolabial angle. This can be adjusted with a rhinoplasty but I would have to examined you to make recommendations.

Nasolabial angle

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Widening the Angle Between the Nose and The Lip

A side photograph would have been extremely helpful here. If you are referring to a narrow angle between the nostril side of the nose and the lip, the Nasolabial angle, the solutions would depend on what exactly is going on. A droopy nose tip can be refined and lifted with nose surgery (Rhinoplasty) and a prominent bone spur under the nose, the Anterior Nasal Spine, can be trimmed back thereby opening up the angle.

Unfavorable nasolabial angle

You are describing the intersection between the lip and nose at the columella (I believe).  This can be treated effectively with a rhinoplasty or maybe a lesser procedure, possibly trimming a small bone in the area - the anterior nasal spine.

Unfavorable nasolabial angle

Modified rhinoplasty relaxes upper lip.

Hi.

I know exactly what you are talking about.  You have a prominent nasal spine, which makes it look like your upper lip is hanging from your nose.  This is easily corrected with a modified rhinoplasty.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Modified rhinoplasty relaxes upper lip.

Hi.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)