What Are my Options to Fix a Pretty Prominent Eyebrow Bone Structure?

Bone shaving?

Doctor Answers 4

Fixing a prominent eyebrow bone

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It can sometimes be camoflaged with fillers. If you fill in the surrounding area, that creates the appearance of less projection of the bone. But this may not be right for you. You may require shaving the bone. I'd suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can take a very close look at you and your anatomy and work with you to devise a treatment plan that will give you the best results.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Prominent bony ridge.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The prominent bony ridge can be treated by performing either an open or endoscopic approach to burr down the bony ridge istelf.

Smoothing an overly prominent Eyebrow Bone Ridge

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The height and prominence of the eyebrow bone, the supraorbital bony prominence, is an expression of femininity vs. masculinity. It is nearly absent in feminine foreheads, more prominent in masculine foreheads and extremely pronounced in some men. The extreme being the kind seen in the Cromagnon and Neanderthal cavemen (or if you have no idea to what I am referring, visualize the GEICO cavemen). A prominent supraorbital bony ridge is softened by burring it down with a power burr. However, smoothing it completely may overly feminize a male face.

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

Prominent Eye Brow Bone Structure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Sharpen that razor blade, shaving the prominent bone is the answer, actually a bone drill is used.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.