After a year of healing from a mini facelift can you wear your hair pulled back without scars showing?

Will minifacelift scars turn white after healing and always show if your hair is pulled back or will they be invisible.

Any Hairstyle OK With Mini-Lift After Healing

For the first 1-2 weeks after your Mini Lift, you will probably want to wear your hair down to hide the scars, which will run in front of and behind your ears in the crease. As the scar heals, it will probably fade to a barely noticeable white color. My patients are usually comfortable with any hairstyle within 3-4 weeks after a Mini Lift. I hope this helps.

Mini Facelift Scars

Thank you for your question.  Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve and evaluate you in person.  If good techniques are used then this can be performed with incisions being minimal, within 3-6 months rednesses diminishing and scarring becoming almost invisible.  

When attending consultation ask the surgeon to show your before and after pictures of past patients, focusing on their scarring over a period of time - showing the difference 7 days post-op, 2 weeks post-op, 1 months post-op etc.  Please be aware however the healing process does differ from patient to patient, depending on age, stress, diabetes, obesity, medication, alcoholism, smoking and nutrition.

All The Best 

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Mini facelift

Hello and thank you for your question.  If good technique is used, this can be done with minimal scarring and can result in a natural look, not over-done look, with rejuvenation of your face.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Scars after minilift

Thanks for your question. The scars are usually very well hidden w/ this procedure. They continue to fade into a white line over about 9-12 months in most people. There are exceptions, of course, but complaints about facelift scars are uncommon because of the nice improvements the procedure can make. So, yes, many of our patients wear their hair pulled back by even 6-12 weeks. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Typically, after a facelift, minilft or any rejuvenation procedure you should be able to wear your hair back and the scars should be very difficult to see.  The design and locations of the incisions are very important to have the best chance of achieving these results.The attached link provides more information.I hope this helps.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Mini lift incision

Thanks for asking.  A mini lift or face lift incision done properly should be hard to notice even when the hair is pulled back.  Some mini lift incisions will carry in front and in the ear canal and end in the crease behind the ear (S-lift).  Done this way then there would be no telling incision at all when the hair is pulled back.  Consult with several board certified facial plastic surgeons to discuss which incision would be appropriate for you.  

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Thank you for your excellent question.  It is possible to camouflage the incisions from a facelift or mini-lift to make them inconspicuous at conversational distance.  This will depend on several factors such as your inherent skin laxity, desired area of correction, hair pattern, hair style, etc.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation in order to address your concerns to work together to minimize scarring.  Hope this helps.

Facelift scars.

Thank you for your question. Your scars will be very well concealed by an experienced surgeon. You should be very clear pre operatively how you like to wear your hair which can help immensely with modifying the placement of your incisions. Incision healing is unpredictable and as such ask about revision policies should they become necessary. Also be sure to look at a number of your surgeons incisions on previous clients. Best of luck!

Bruce Landon, MD

Scars after facelift--will they show?

Scars after facelift--will they show? If they are done by an experienced facelift surgeon the scars are placed inside the ear. If you look at my incisions which I show patients you will not see them but they always leave a line which should be very fine.