I am only 26, but really want to get a brow lift. What would be the best type of lift to consider? (Photo)

I have low brows, and have to tweeze them to make them appear higher. I get frequent headaches and it feels heavy and tense all the time. It is so uncomfortable, but when i pull up on my brows the heavy, the tense feeling dissapears completely. It would be such a relief to get this procedure done and eliminate the constant tenseness/headaches. I have a high forehead, and don't want my hairline to be raised any

No surgery at your age...

Whilst I do appreciate that you have low brows, I would not advise surgery for a number of reasons. You have a relatively high hairline making endo-brow less effective. Direct forms of lift involving incisions are not ideal for younger patients due to the scarring and the propensity for an unnatural brow contour. I have may patients like yourself who do really well with botox, which if administered correctly achieve an excellent lift.

London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. A brow lift would not raise your hairline, but will utilize the hairline as the location for the incisions so that any scarring is hidden once you have finished your healing. While the question about surgery your age is a good one, I suggest you consider the discomfort in your head that you are experiencing. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and focus on releasing the tense feeling. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

26, but really want to get a brow lift. What would be the best type of lift to consider?

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts over the past 30 years and have done these on women in their mid-twenties that had very low eyebrows.  From the photos, your  If eyebrows are significantly low, compared to the desired aesthetic position. The Coronal Brow Lift remains the "gold standard" by which all other brow lifting techniques are measured.  The issue with an endoscopic brow lift is that it requires some method of tissues suspension (hooks, screws, sutures or threads) and while one point of fixation can be achieved using the bone of the skull, the brow tissues are much softer allowing any suspension technique to ultimately pull through which will release the lifting effects.  The Coronal Brow Lift, on the other hand, trims excess, loose scalp created by the lifting process which holds the brows in the elevated, lifted position.  The Coronal Brow Lift can be modified to allow placement of the mid forehead first (eliminates the raised forehead), followed by individual adjustments to the level of each portion (inner and outer) of each eyebrow.   The eyebrow can be divided into an inner (by the nose) and outer (by the ear) segment with an imaginary vertical line drawn through the outer colored portion of the eye separating the two. The inner segments depicts "emotion" (low is angry, properly positioned is "neutral" and overly raised is "surprised").  Typically, raising the inner segment 1 to 2 mm's is enough to remove the "angry" look from that section of the brow.  The outer segment is the "beauty" portion of the brow and should be approximately 1 fingers width above the orbital rim to create an aloud shaped, feminine eye.  While an endoscopic procedure may loose it's results from the fixation method giving way, the Coronal Brow Lift should last 10, 15 years or more.  Either procedure can be repeated however a previously performed endoscopic Brow Lift can't be converted to the more reliable Coronal Brow Lift due to the placement of the incisions used in the endoscopic technique. Hope this helps.

Brow lift at 26

While brow lift surgery is always an option, treatment with any of the neurotoxins (Xeomin, Botox, Disport) is a good way to help you determine if you would like the result of surgery.  Moreover, toxin treatment is much less expensive than surgery and is a very useful tool at your age.  I have used this method first for many years and it has been very helpful in determining who benefits from surgery.  

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Chemical browlift with Botox!!

Botox can be used to raise the brows in patients with minimal brow ptosis. I would try that first, and it may solve the headache issue as well! An endoscopic browlift is an alternative, and would not change your hairline at all.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lift

With a high forehead, it is best to do a forehead lift with an incision right at the hairline.(pretrichial/trichophytic)  This will both lift the brow and make the forehead shorter.  With good closure the scar should not be seen.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon