Can a brow lift/forehead lift correct angry brows?

My brows naturally arch inward like I'm scowling when I smile. Can a subtle brow lift be used to lift inner eyebrows to look more level, and soft? I know in Korea they do an endoscopic brow lift on younger people to give a soft but not surprised look. My eyes are also subtly hooded, so I can see how that would be benefited as well. I am 27

Eyebrow lift candidate

A full set of photographs both animated and un-animated are required to make a determination about a surgical procedure on the forehead. When performing a brow lift procedure, many times the corrugator muscles which create the frowning effect are softened and weakened. For more information and many examples, please see the link below to our before-and-after eyebrow lift gallery

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts over the past 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your eyes and forehead would help in the evaluation.  The eyebrows can be aesthetically low in the medial (inner aspect near the nose) and/or lateral (outer aspect by the ear) portions.  Drawing an imaginary vertical line through the outer colored portion of the eye separates the inner from outer portions of the eyebrow. The outer portion is the "beauty" portion and should be approximately 1 fingers width above the orbital rim which makes the eyes appear feminine, youthful and almond shaped.  The inner portion of the eyebrow is the portion that portrays "emotion".  If the inner portion is low, the eyes and face look "angry", "neutral" when at the proper position and "surprised" if over elevated. A properly performed Brow Lift adjusts each portion of the eyebrow accordingly.  I have performed Brow Lifts on women in their mid to late twenties with very low brows.
Hope this helps.

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. Yes, a brow lift will decrease the number of creases on your forehead. It will allow your angry lines disappear. Keep in mind that a browlift can be performed in conjunction with a blepharoplasty to save you time and address your subtly hooded eyes. Also keep in mind that any facial plastic surgery will simply lessen the signs of aging, but not reverse the process itself. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

The "angry brow" is actually causes by the corrugator muscles causing frown lines just above the nos and between the eyes. The muscle can be remove by the endoscopic brow lift which also raises the brow, by direct excision with an incision in the frown lines themselves and through the upper eyelid incision while doing an upper eyelid lift. A brow lift without removing the corrugator muscle will do nothing for the "angry look." You need to be seen by an experienced certified plastic surgeon for an examination and evaluation. There are very subtle differences that have to be evaluated to give you your best options. Best of luck to you.

Can Brow/Forehead Lift Correct Angry Look?

A brow lift can be done to change the contour and position of all or part of your brows. Consult with a surgeon who uses all techniques because an endoscopic procedure will raise your hairline but an irregular trichophytic incision technique can be used to lower or maintain your hairline position.

Browlift for angry look?

Yes a Browlift will do this. If you have a high hairline an endoscopic lift will raise it further. If you have an Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift you can keep your hairline where it is without a visible scar. See a very experienced Browlift surgeon who does both operations. 

Brow lift/forehead lift to correct angry brows

Yes, a subtle brow lift can lift depressed eyebrows to soften the face. I would recommend a trial of Botox/Dysport/Xeomin (one of the neuromodulators) to relax the muscles that create the angry appearance. This is temporary and can give you an idea of what it would look like before committing to a surgery. Seek out a consultation with surgeon who will do both the injection and the surgery. It's important that they examine your muscles to confirm which ones are creating the angry look. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift

A subtle brow lift can certainly help even out your eyebrows and place them in a natural position such that you don't look "angry" or "surprised".  The brows evoke emotion - as such, depending on what angle they lay at you may appear to convey certain expressions. Angled downward - anger.  angled upward - surprise.  A youthful, attractive brow position that is neutral and well placed can enhance the appearance of your eyes while brightening up your face.  Endoscopic brow lifts can be performed, and subtle results can be obtained in patients of all ages.  To be honest with you, you can also try chemical brow lifts with botox/dysport.  I find young patients like doing this more often than surgery.  The downside, of course, is that it is not permanent.  I suggest you discuss all your options during your consultation.  Depending on the position of your hairline, the length of your forehead, resting position of your eyebrows, etc you may be a better candidate for one technique over another.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon