Why didn't my browlift stay in place?

I had a browlift with cortical tunnels and sutures almost 2 months ago. After the procedure the brows were arched great and the skin on my eyelids were pretty tight. As the days passed I noticed my brows lowering and the extra eyelid skin becoming noticeable again. I wanted the lift to reduce heaviness in my lids, to create an arch and to have brow symmetry as my right brow was lower. It's really depressing I've spent my savings on this and I feel it didn't work. Is it my body rejecting it?

Why didn't my browlift stay in place?

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts over the past 30 years.  Suspension techniques (hooks, sutures or threads) will often release or give way allowing the brow to fall back to it's original position.  The  Coronal Brow Lift remains the "gold standard" for Brow Lifts and does not rely on fixation methods.
Hope this helps.

Brow ptosis

The vast majority of brow lifts I perform are done completely endoscopic.  This entails Botox injections 2 weeks pre operatively to limit brow motion while you're healing to allow the periosteum to adhere in its new position.  Endoscopic brows require a complete release of this periosteum to place the brow at a higher level.  If you require a skin incision it is done at the hairline within the baby fine hair to camouflage the scar.  Without photos, it's hard to see what's needed--maybe a little upper lid skin excision would help.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow ptosis recurrence

It sounds like your minimally invasive brow lift isn't holding.  There is a pretty high incidence of this problem with that procedure as the brow is a dynamic structure and when it is fixed in only a few places, by retention sutures, it doesn't always hold.  You are not rejecting the sutures.  A revision or a conversion to a more traditional brow lift, with a skin excision, may be necessary.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon