Would a Canthoplasty or an Upper Blepharoplasty Surgery Benefit my Eyes? (photo)

My lower lids always seem to be sagging down from the outer corners. Also I feel like upper lids are being weighed down and are partially being covered by the excess skin on top of it. I'm wonders if either a canthoplasty or a upper blepharoplasty will help my eyes achieve a more almond shape such as the second picture. Could these two surgeries be combined and, if so what would be the average cost of these two surgeries?

Brow Lift May Be a Suitable Alternative with Conservative Upper Bleph

What a canthoplasty achieves is proper positioning of the outside corner of your eyes, otherwise known as the lateral canthas. A lateral endoscopic brow lift is another potential consideration to help support the soft tissue and the lateral aspect of your eyes. A conservative upper blepharoplasty will also effectively eliminate the "weighed down" look you're noticing around your eyes.

You should consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for a full assessment of your options. To get a sense of  the permanent improvement a brow lift can give, you may want to try an injectable Botox treatment as a temporary solution to relieve the heaviness you feel around your eyes.

Certainly combining any or all of these procedures, as appropriate, is commonly done. This also makes the most sense, since you will receive the results you are looking for with a much shorter recovery time.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper bleph

Looking at those photos I think an upper lid bleph would be fine.I really do not think you really need a lower lid bleph/canthoplasty.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Conservative upper blepharoplasty

Conservative upper blepharoplasty can help achieve your goal but NOT canthoplasty.  Again, do NOT do canthoplasty.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Would a Canthoplasty or an Upper Blepharoplasty Surgery Benefit my Eyes?

Canthoplasty will not help to achieve your goal.   A conservative skin only upper blepharoplasty can get you closer to your goal.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Heavy appearance to the upper lids

From your photo, it appears that the primary problem is heavy and low-riding brow tissue.  While difficult to evaluate without seeing you personally, it may be that a browplasty would do more to correct your concerns than eyelid surgery.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper lids

It appears as if an upper lid bleph will help you. forget the canthopexy.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Based on your photos, you are describing the position of your eyebros which are normal for your young age.While an upper blepharoplasty can enhance the notice of your crease, the eyebrow position will not change. In my past, I have not operated on patients as young as you appear.Come back in a few years. All the best

Upper lid and lateral canthal issues

You look young to me, and the decision to undergo cosmetic surgery is a highly personal one.  Obviously nobody ever died from droopy lids, so it is an elective procedure.

My 2 cents- if you are inclined to achieve a look like pic #2, you would do better to look into a brow (endo) with possible canthopexy if needed.  Prices may vary.

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty and browpexy

You have  a very narrow distance between  your eyebrow and the upper eyelid.  You would certainly benefit from an upper eyelid blepharoplasty along with an internal brow pexy.  This would give you a 3 or 4 mm elevation of the lateral brow and open up the orbital region.  

Upper Eyelids Only

Thank you for your photographs. Your upper lid has some excess skin that may require surgery to improve the contour.  I would not recommend any surgery for your lower eyelids.

Dr. ES