Palomar ICON? Or V beam or BBL? Or another type of IPL machine (Limelight? Genesis?) (Photo)

I'm a 46-year old female, very fair skin. I have had 4 IPLs (Palomar ICON), but my facial broken capillaries keep returning, even getting worse. The 4 treatments did not get rid of them. Might a different treatment (V beam? BBL?), or a different type of IPL (Genisis? Limelight?), help? Could it be that, once the original broken capillaries are eliminated, the problem spills over to the capillaries beside them? In photo, they are about twice as long as they were before the treatment.

Treating broken capillaries

Thank you for your question Trish_Em. IPL is a great treatment for facial rejuvenation. There are a number of devices that work well for redness and broken capillaries. These include IPL, pulsed dye lasers (such as V beam), Nd:YAG (such as laser genesis) and KTP lasers. Broken capillaries tend to be stubborn and usually multiple treatments are required. Also people that get them tend to get more so maintenance treatments are required. In terms of what device works best, all devices can provide outstanding results. I do not recommend searching for a specific device. Instead I recommend searching for an expert who uses his/her device with great results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

For broken capillaries, I suggest the best combination (for example: Fraxel/Viva/Peels)that gets you a big initial improvement and then how to maintain that.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Consider Combination Treatments

Hi Trish and thank you for your question.  IPL is an excellent treatment for nearly all signs of aging.  In our clinic we use Lumecca.  We have had excellent results.  In some cases, we have had to boost the energy to achieve the desired results.  I would also consider adding radiofruequency or laser to the IPL.  We use Fractora in combination with IPL ot maximize results.  If ther are residual lesions, we may add a Yag or Pico laser.  For maintenance, we recommend Hydrafacial and a top of the line skin care regimen such as Epionce or SkinMedica as outlined by our aestheticians and guided by the use of a complexion analysis system such as Visia.  Best of luck and I hope this helps.