IPL for south East Asian skin? (Photos)

Hi, My skin has some broken vein which appears purple on my cheeks & the fold of my nose. I also have blue vein on the jowl area that I would like to get rid off. In overall I have normal to dry skin type & some big pores on my cheeks. These are problems I consulted with a skin specialist (not dermatologist) here in Calgary. I was told that IPl is not for my skin colour as it can take the pigment out of my skin, is it true? Based on my skin condition what type of treatment should I seek?

Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care; Vascular Lasers For Veins

Vessels need to be treated with vascular lasers like yellow laser, excel v or IPL.  I avoid IPL in certain skin types that are darker skin.  I suggest seeing an expert for a combination treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer

IPL for veins

Thank you for your question yanas9314. IPL is a light-based treatment to address various concerns for rejuvenation of the face and other areas. It can be used to treat broken capillaries and vein. In order to prevent side effects it is important to have correct settings based on the patients skin type. For darker skin types I use higher wavelength filters, lower fluences, longer pulse widths, and colder temperatures. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician