I think my nose is too pointy and sharp. When I talk the tip moves up and down. (photos)

from the front the nose looks ok, u can't tell there's something wrong. But from the profile it's just horrible. The question is, what can I do with it? Is there a good chances for a good results ? Is it just the tip ? Do u recommend to leave it or fix it? I don't want to make it worse. Thank u

Thank you for your question and photographs.I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. From the photographs you have posted, I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction and a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I think my nose is too pointy and sharp. When I talk the tip moves up and down.

GreetingsThank you for your question and photos you are good candidate and you can get improved results however visit a surgeon for an examination for best recommeddation. 

I think my nose is too pointy and sharp.

It appears from your photos that you could have a good improvement. Computer imaging would be very helpful when planning your surgical goals.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

The concept of shortening and widening your nasal tip must be combined with taking down your nasal hump which will become 'exposed' when the tip position changes.

It is up to you to decide if you want a rhinoplasty. Softening of the tip can be performed, but a full rhinoplasty may be necessary to achieve your goals.  Best of luck.

Improving the nasal tip to achieve an improved natural appearing cosmetic result is a frequent request of patients wanting nasal refinement. It is possible to improve the cosmetic appearance of the tip alone without altering the rest of the nose in some patients. Whether the optimal option in your particular situation would be a tip rhinoplasty alone or a full rhinoplasty would best be determined at a consultation. Either procedure can be performed with a closed or open approach.
Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 
Robert Singer, MD 
FACS La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with tip de-projection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip de-projection.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Pointy Nose

Your nose is a little high, wide and overprojecting. This causes tightness between your upper lip and the bottom of your nose causing the excessive movement. This can be improved in a pleasing proportional manner with a well done rhinoplasty.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Tip too pointy

Dear mariafa,The "what is wrong with my nose?" question is a veritable mine field. I think to pointedly answer your question about the too pointy and sharp component: I agree that you have a long nose. This can be corrected with an open rhinoplasty. I think it prudent to advise you that by changing one aspect of your nose it will have influence on other areas of your nose. I would strongly recommend that you see a Board certified plastic surgeon who has specialized interest in Rhinoplasty to evaluate your nose and your needs. Good luck

Gideon Maresky, MD
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Pointy tip

The tip of your nose looks pointy in the profile view because it is over projected which makes the tip look too prominent.  You are certainly a good candidate for a Rhinoplasty to correct this problem.  From the front the tip of your nose can be very slightly refined and the bridge slightly narrowed.  Most of the change would be in profile view by deprojecting your tip and then lowering the bridge slightly thus making the nose look smaller.  A "caudal extension graft" can be used to make the nose look less turned up which will also help.  Computer imaging can be performed to illustrate these changes so you get a good idea of what to expect.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon