Can environmental elements (weather), and outdoor activities affect a hair transplant at 8 months post-op?

I had an FUT procedure 8 months ago. I've been diligent to keep out of the sun and usually still wear a hat wherever I go but I sometimes get caught in a bit of rain without a hat. I'm wondering if rain can increase the risk of infection if I don't shower right after. I would like to do some camping and hiking as well. Will not showering for a couple of days and exposing the HT to the elements (excluding sun) increase the risk of infection at this point?

After eight months post op, your transplanted hairs have either taken or not taken. This actually happened in the first few day

After eight months post op, your transplanted hairs have either taken or not taken.  This actually happened in the first few days after your surgery.  So at this point weather would not affect your transplanted hair's growth or success.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

8 months after hair transplant

At 8 months after a hair transplant yo should be as normal as when you had your original hair there and do whatever you want

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Effect of weather on hair transplant

There is no need for concern that any of the things you mention would increase the risk of infection or in any other way have an adverse effect on your transplant. Enjoy your hiking and camping. :)

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon