Sunburn on transplanted hair. Will it grow back?

I recently went on holiday and blistered all my head ..I'm. 8months post op.. the implants seemed to have thinned off a lot to how they was.. will it grow back...

If you blistered or had sunburn to your scalp it probably would not affect the transplanted grafts that is 8 month old.

If you blistered or had sunburn to your scalp it probably would not affect the transplanted grafts that is 8 month old.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Sunburn after hair transplant

At the 8 month period I doubt you would damage your grafts. Nevertheless, undue sun exposure on any area is not ideal. Please wear appropriate sun protection.

Sunburn 8 months after hair transplant

stuart151,Caution should be exercise with regards prolonged exposure to the Sun after a hair transplant for a 4 month period. I would not expect a sunburn to hurt a hair transplant at 8 months post transplant. It is a good idea to safeguard against overexposing yourself to the harmful sun rays especially during the peak UV of the day. Use sun block please.
Sincerely,
Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Sunburn on hair transplant

If you had a sunburn, I would be surprised to hear that you lost hair; however if you did, I would expect it to grow back.  Be ore careful

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Sunburn on transplanted Hair

It's really hard to answer this.  Severe sunburns with blisters do have the possibility of injuring both the transplanted and original hair follicles.  Transplanted hair is not more vulnerable after 8 months post-OP.  However, most of the time it will grow back.  Good care to avoid scalp infection will be the most important thing now.  Wash your hair everyday gently.

Alan Liu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon

I do not think

it will hurt the transplanted hairs but it may cause damage to your skin and create some unusual marks. You may want to go in for a follow up. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist