Having a Mucocele removed tomorrow from my bottom lip that I have had for about 30 years, is this a simple procedure? (photo)

Hi. I am having a Mucocele removed tomorrow from my bottom lip that I have had for about 30 years. I am really worried about the surgery after reading some of the other posts about asymmetry and numbness. Is this a simple procedure and do many people have complications ?

Lip mucocele

Hello, If performed by a specialist a lip mucocele can be removed in the office under local anesthesia and is not a major procedure. It does carry a small risk of recurrence and asymmetry, but typically is a very well tolerated procedure where the benefits outweigh the risk. Do discuss your concerns with your surgeon pre-operatively of course. All the best!

Winter Park Facial Plastic Surgeon