Will my lip look normal after mucocele removal surgery or will it look ugly due to cuts and stitches?

I am going to do mucocele removal sugery of my lower lip..........does my lip look normal after surgery or it look ugly due to cuts and stiches

Most mucoceles can be removed in the office under local.  Without pictures I can't comment on your situation, but I have not had a patient complain about scars on the lips in the part where mucoceles form.

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mucocele on lip

Without photos and a thorough exam it's difficult to say how complex the procedure would be. However, in general, the lip tends to heal very well. Surgical technique and skill will play a role in your final outcome.  Facial plastic surgery maneuvers can reduce the appearance of a scar if necessary. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist