Retracted nostrils, fillers or revision rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Dear doctors. I had a revision rhinoplasty to elongate the nose and and to build up the bridge. I think I have retracted nostrils because the surgeon didn't successfully lower the nostrils rim. Can I fix this temporarely with filler untill I do my next revision or fillers are not safe in my case? Also I would like to put filler on the nose to minimise the curve on bridge. Is that safe to do?

In some patients, micro droplet Silikon-1000 treatments may be considered for permanent nostril lowering after rhinoplasty.

Non-surgical rhinoplastic revisions with liquid injectable silicone may be considered for nostril lowering and for filling irregularities that may result from revision rhinoplasty surgery. Temporary gel fillers have been associated with vascular occlusion and dead skin in a minority of cases. We have not seen any cases of skin necrosis after microdroplet Silikon injections, an off-label filler for permanent results. Hope this helps. Dr Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial fillers for revision non-surgical rhinoplasty

Facial fillers might be used for non-surgical rhinoplasty, primary or revision. However, plastic surgeons recommend avoiding placement of fillers into the tip or nostril areas. Fillers are primarily used to build the bridge or camouflage a bump, not to treat retracted nostrils. Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding any  issues you have.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon