Is my skin isotretinoin-worthy? (photos)

23 year old male. This is with 10 years prescription benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin phosphate and adapelene use and occasional few-month periods of oral antibiotics use. It really sucks. I've done everything out there with very little success. Would accutane be worth the side effects?

Isotretinoin is Very Safe When Prescribed and Monitored by a Dermatologist

Your acne has been going on for many years, and you appear to be developing some scarring, and hence you are definitely an Isotretinoin candidate.  When prescribed and monitored properly, it is an exceedingly safe and successful medication that may give you the long-term results you are looking for.  You need a board certified dermatologist, so pls seek one soon.  Best wishes, Shobhan.

Accutane treatment

Thank you for your question. In my experience, patients have done well with Accutane and were extremely happy with the results. Yes there are quite a few side effects, but with monthly lab work and follow-up appointments, the side effects are monitored and managed appropriately. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding your acne, Accutane, and to determine if you are a candidate. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD