Can I buy Juvederm Voluma online and take it to someone to inject?

I want to buy Voluma online and take it to a professional to inject. Where can I do this?

Voluma injections

No you cannot buy Voluma online and take it to your doctor to inject. Allergan, the owners of Voluma ONLY sell directly to licensed physicians, so if you do find Voluma for sale online the product is likely fake and risky. 

Only Licensed Medical Professionals Can Buy Voluma

It is illegal to purchase prescription drugs such as Voluma without a medical license. Please do not try to cut corners financially when considering a cosmetic procedure; you are putting your safety at risk. No professional would agree to inject you with a substance that they did not source themselves. Fraudulent products are often sold on-line that are nearly exact copies.  However, they may be another substance all together.  This could be disastrous if injected into the face. Be sure to consult a board-certified dermatologist to discuss the areas you would like to treat with Voluma and find out what your best options are.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

The injector should provide the product

Allergan, the maker of voluma, does not sell its product to patients, but only to licensed physicians.  Even if you somehow manage to get Voluma, be weary.

As a board-certified dermatologist, I take responsibility for my injections (as well as the injections of an experienced RN-injector). This means that I also take responsibility for the product that is injected. So, I would not be willing to inject a product if I did not know where it came from.

I have seen bad results from counterfeit products, as well as poorly-injected products.  Be cautious!

Black market Voluma

Voluma (and other fillers) can only be purchased by a licensed doctor.  If you can buy it, it may very well not be the real product.  It could be tainted and not only may not give results you want
but could harm you!  I would recommend never buying such a product and I would also be wary about any practitioner who might inject a product like that.  Any savings you might get isn't worth the risk...

Michael Bowman, MD
Roanoke Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can you buy Juvederm online and take it to someone to inject?

Personally, I would never buy a dermal filler from any source other than Allergan or the manufacturer of another filler. Likewise, I would never inject a product that was brought to me from anyone other than the manufacturer. If someone agrees to do this for you, it should give you pause that the injector is interested in something other than your safety. Saving some money is not worth developing an infection or granuloma or foreign body response from a black/ grey market filler. That will definitely wind up costing alot more in the long run. Seek a highly experienced physician injector who only uses legitimate products as they are worth every penny.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I buy Juvederm online and take it to someone to inject?

Absolutely Not. Injectibles are only sold to physicians trained in their use. You can not legally purchase any of them on-line. I would never inject a patient with any product they purchased in this fashion.  Be wise and don't consider such a practice. 

Janet Woodyard, MD

No cannot buy it legally anywhere unless you are a medical professional who has gone through training.  

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying Juvederm

The answer is absolutely not.  If you find any injectables online for sale, know that it is illegal.  Only licensed physicians can receive and dispense this type of medication.  I'll go a step further and say that any physician or injector that would agree to inject anything that they did not purchase and receive would be committing malpractice.  Don't do it.

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buyer Beware of online products!!

I don't think you will find any reputable practitioner who would consent to that. We receive emails and faxes every day from companies trying to sell us "discounted" neurotoxins and fillers. The risk of using these products is enormous--no idea how the product was made, quality control, etc. (Not to mention the legality of this as others have discussed below.) The risks of complications and infections are huge. The bottom line is you get what you pay for--Please--Don't risk this!!

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buying Fillers Like Restylane, Juvederm, Voluma Online

Bad Idea. Don't do it. It's not worth the risk vs. potential small financial gain for you. The products used by your dermatologist or other physician have been purchased from the manufacturer. The products you buy online may be completely counterfeit or altered or unsterile. If you want good results, go to a physician with extensive experience with injectable fillers and neuromodulators (e.g. Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and have him or her inject you with product that has been tested and is safe. Save money elsewhere but not on your health care. Good luck.

Andrew Kaufman, MD