Skin sagging again after Neck Lift?

I had a necklift and liposuction 5-1/2 weeks ago to correct turkey neck. As the swelling subsides, I am noticing loose skin again and it is appearing that I will still have a turkey neck, although it is smaller. This is very dissappointing. I see my PS in one week..it is too early to ask about revision/tuck up ?

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question, steen88. Once your swelling subsides, you begin the healing process at a faster rate. Keep in mind that you are in the initial stages of your recovery and you will be able to address any dislikes with your appearance in a revision procedure - I suggest you consider the laser-assisted weekend necklift. Please follow your surgeon's recovery guidelines diligently for a total of 6 months post-op.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Face -- Thermi, Thermage/Ultherapy/Venus Legacy, Viva/Fraxe Resurfacing, Botox/Dysport

If you have residual sagging after a lift there is a lot that can be done including skin tightening, botox and ThermiRF.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Skin sagging again after Neck Lift?

I'm sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with your results.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. I would wait about 6 months before considering the possibility for revision.  Allow complete healing to take place before making a final judgement.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Correction of residual skin laxity following a neck lift may require a a second surgical procedure

Hello and thank-you for your question.

Photos would be helpful in giving you meaningful advice.  It is normal to notice some relaxation of the skin at around 4 weeks following a face and neck lift.  This is due partly to reduction in swelling. It is also due to the fact that skin has a certain amount of "give"-your surgeon can only put a certain amount of tension on the skin.  For these reasons, tightening of the SMAS and platysma muscle are important for long term results. For individuals with a lot of extra skin in the submental area (turkey neck) occasionally a 2nd tightening procedure may be required. I generally advise my patients to wait 6 month prior to undergoing a 2nd tightening procedure.

It is important for you to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and keep the lines of communication open.

Best regards,

Andrew Lys, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Skin sagging again after Neck Lift

Without photos it is hard to assess accurately. Unfortunately you may very well have had a skin only procedure.  This means that the skin was the only thing pulled and not the underlying structures such as the SMAS and the Platysmal tightening that is typically done with this procedure.  I would ask the surgeon about this and yes you may need a revision procedure about 6 months later.  Good luck
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon