Is it okay to use Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% Lotion before a Fraxel laser treatment?

I have an upcoming laser treatment for acne scars and I know you shouldn't use retin a prior but can I use this?

Prior Fraxel treatment

I believe that it is perfectly safe to continue using Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% lotion. Still, you should contact your provider and ask if you should stick to certain regimen prior Fraxel treatment to maximize results, and inform them about products that you are currently using. Good luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Fraxel

It is best to check with your treating physician what they recommend for pre and post care before a laser. I would not have my patients discontinue Sodium Sufacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% before the Fraxel, but always best to check with your provider. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist