I use tazarotene daily. I just got IPL and spot treated fraxel. Will fraxel be effective since I used tazarotene before?

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

Tazarotene is great pre treatment before fraxel.  I suggest most complete facial skin care and also do microneedling/PRP with your fraxel for better outcomes.  Dr. Emer.

Tazorac and Fraxel

Congratulations on taking great care of your skin. Daily application of tazarotene is the best way to prevent premature aging. By using this potent retinoid daily you are actually helping the Fraxel treatments to be more effective, not less. Retinoids promote exfoliation so that the laser will have better penetration into your skin. The only restriction that I suggest to patients undergoing Fraxel is to avoid chemical peels for at least four weeks prior to treatment. Using a Hydroquinone product for four weeks prior to treatment can enhance the results of Fraxel if you are using it as a means of improving pigmentation. 

Corey L. Hartman, MD, FAAD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon