How long is skin sensitive for after fraxel dual? Is it possible to develop skin allergies afterward?

I seem to have developed an allergy to my face wash that I've been using for months. Suddenly after my fraxel dual procedure I cannot use it, I get small red bumps all over my face. This was the only face wash that worked for my acne/dry skin before the procedure which was 4 weeks ago. What should I do? Is this just my skin being extra sensitive after the procedure? How long until it goes back to normal?

Skin sensitivity after Fraxel

Yes, the skin maybe sensitive after Fraxel treatment and this sensitivity can last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. There are certain skin care products that are ideal post laser skin resurfacing and I would discuss these with your treatment provider. Finally, I would switch to a more gentle cleanser for the time being and let your skin recover completely before using an acne face wash which maybe a more irritating to the skin. 

Fraxel Dual and Sensitivity/Allergy

The skin is very sensitive after fraxel. you need appropriate skin care and sun protection, allergies are possible.  please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser Side Effects

Common side effects or reactons to fractional ablative laser treatments such as the Fraxel Laser or the Sciton HALO Laser include swelling, redness, skin flaking. The incidence of these is dramatically reduced with the HALO’s unique hybrid synchronous fractional/ full-field energy delivery mechanism. Patients do have some stinging during the treatment and for about an hour or two afterwards. By day three most patients get a bronzed or tan look. Every patient should be asked prior to treatment if they are susceptible to cold sores and pre-treated if necessary. Side effects also depend on the intensity and depth of the treatment. The stronger the settings the more downtime you can expect.