I have white scars on my face from when I used to pick my face. It's been years and won't go away at all. What can I do?

White scars from picking my face how do I get rid of them and get back a regular color skin back. I'm white but tan because I go tanning.

Fractional Microneedle Resurfacing May Help To Treat Ivory White Facial Scars

A photo would have been helpful. However, in general terms, the kinds of whitish (usually ivory white) scars you describe are very difficult to treat. Sun exposure is bad for many reasons, including raising your chances for ultraviolet light induced photoaging and skin cancers over the long haul. But in the short term, since your scars cannot tan (due to the absence of pigment producing cells within the scar tissue) and your normal skin will, the scars will stand out that much more by contrast with the tanned skin.

Unfortunately, for the present, no treatment is particularly great for this problem. However, I have had a fair measure of success over the years combining fractional microneedle resurfacing (aka medical microneedling, skin needling) with the application of topical tyrosine for improving both the texture of the scars and for blending their color better with the surrounding normal skin. 

As an aside, I have been totally underwhelmed with more expensive treatments, such as fraxel lasers or radiofrequency devices, finding them to be far more device manufacturer supported marketing hype and little hard science.

Best to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in all forms of acne scar treatments before proceeding. 

White Scars from Picking Face and Treatment

White scars area very difficult to treat and can be impossible to treat.  The best success I have is with eMatrix to help correct these scars.  Best, Dr. Green