Will hair grow back after being pulled out?

I wore tape-in hair extensions for one year. Now that I removed the extensions, I find that my hair is a lot thinner than it was before. The extensions weighed down on my hair and pulled out lots of it. Will this hair loss regrow? Any products to use to aid in regrowth? Is Rogaine something I should consider (although the product specifies that it only works on hair loss that is hereditary, which is not the case here)?

Hair torn out

People who wear hair systems and use tapes or glues run the risk of permanent traction alopecia. You won't know this until you give it time to regrow and this could take up to 8 months to know one way or the other. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon