TE hairloss, low ferritin level. Best steps to raise level quickly? (photo)

I have been losing hairs for 5 months after I dropped a lot of weight after an illness. My Derm says its TE, my ferritin level was only a 5 after they tested. After being on supplements for a month my ferritin is only 11 and I'm super low energy. Ever refer to a hematologist for IV iron infusions?

TE hairloss, low ferritin level. Best steps to raise level quickly?

A hematology consult is a great idea. You need to get your ferritin level up to 70 or greater to get the optimal benefit to your hair.Your hematologist may offer you IV iron infusion. They are safe and effective.

New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Low ferritin levels - do I need iron transfusion.

I certainly do refer to hematologists for iron infusions. You don't seem to qualify yet - but then again your medical information provided is not complete.Low iron is very common. Low iron without anemia is very common.  Low iron in young women is common. Low iron after an illness is not too uncommon either.I'd want to know your age, the illness you had,  and a whole bunch of other factors. Then the question can be answered fully.
But here's the main point - unless you've had 3-6 months or oral iron supplementation and your ferritin level didn't budge upwards - you probably don't qualify for iron infusions. 
Your iron is in fact moving up. It takes time. Be sure to take with vitamin C to improve absorption. Limit coffee and teas. Limit antacids. Be sure to take enough - see your dermatologist for what forms to take and what is considered enough! 
Iron supplementation is often done with chronic low ferritin that doesn't budge with iron pills. Other reasons include  nondialysis-dependent chronic kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease, obstetrics, heavy bleeding wth menstrual cycles and anemia associated with cancer and its treatment.

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

This type of hair loss is extremely difficult to treat. It needs spironolactone, rogaine, and often injections or transplantation.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

TE possibly from low ferritin

For Telogen effluvium, nothing happens fast. The best long term treatment for this while you wait for it to reverse and it may not reverse and leave you with thinning hair, is scalp micropigmentation (see below)

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon