I'm 21 years old and am probably suffering from pattern hairloss. I wanna know if minoxidil is effective for my age?

Every hair I shed, has a white bulb attached to it at the end. I have burning sensation mostly everytime I lose hair.My lifestyle hasnt be the best since the past year.I literally lived on junks and pizzas. I have smoked everyday for about 1-2 hours and shampooed by hair everyday with head&shoulders.I have family baldness history as well. Also just recently i have been stressful about studies as well as personal issues.Im currently on medications.Im taking priorin n cap tablets and ketaconizole.

Thanks for your query. Yes minoxidil is effective in hair loss. You can start with finasteride also after showing it to the consultant dermatology. Try having healthy diet as nutrition also plays a vital role in hair loss. Hope it helps.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

I'm 21 years old and am probably suffering from pattern hairloss.

GreetingsThank you for your question, Organic Hair Transplant is the best solution for your hair loss. Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Yes you could benefit from minoxidil and other meds such finasteride, but it would be very wise for you to see a hair restoration professional so that you can find out if you do have male pattern baldness and what your options are. The lifestyle of junkfood, pizza and smoking, while not healthy, should not have a drastic effect on your hair and especially at your age. Start with asking for a FREE consultation with a reputable hair restoration clinic.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

21 year old male

Your biggest enemy is the progressive balding that you might have in the next 5 or so years. The degree of balding that you are showing would suggest that before you undertake a hair transplant, you try the drug finasteride for one year. Get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the progression or if you successfully stopped or reversed it because you need to get insights into your immediate and long term future. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern which the Bulk Measurements will show over a one year time frame, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil - 21 M

Minoxidil helps about 30 % of men slow hair loss. Itndoes not help everyone. You may wish to review other FDA approved options like finasteride.Reduction in smoking may also provide benefit