Is itchy inflamed scalp symptom of MPB?

The balding areas of my scalp are itchy and tender to touch. Also theses areas are affected by constant hair shedding. I think Nizoral shampoo helps a little bit, but I can't use it everyday since it is too harsh for my hair. Is there any other options I can try to stop MPB itchiness? Will treating the scalp itchiness/inflammation stop or slow down the balding process?

Genetic male pattern hair loss or MPB does not involve itchy or tender scalp. If you have these symptoms you should see a doct

Genetic male pattern hair loss or MPB does not involve itchy or tender scalp.  If you have these symptoms you should see a doctor for an examination.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itchy scalp

The use of Nixoral shampoo may not help and may itself cause itchiness. I usually use the drug Alevicyn for the itch.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is an itchy inflamed scalp a sign of mpb?

An itchy scalp can rarely be associated with early male pattern balding - but it's pretty rare. An "inflamed" scalp is never part of the picture.You'll want to see a dermatologist to review the causes of an itchy, inflamed scalp. It could be as simple as seborrheic dermatitis or much more complicated. At leadt 25 different reasons are possible!