How long does it take for all the bumps and lumps to go away on your neck after a lower facelift and neck lift? (photo)

Healing and Recovery From Your Facelift

First and foremost, its best to remain patient. It is still early in to your recovery. The healing process in general can take up to one month for the majority of swelling to subside, incisions to close, sutures to come out, and for bruising to completely go away. 

#Recovery time from a #facelift varies from person to person, but patients can generally expect to be presentable within three weeks from surgery. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery (swelling normally goes down after 48 hours; most bruising will go away within two weeks). The marks from a facelift can easily hidden with “camouflage” make-up which you can learn how to apply.
The scars from a facelift mature within six to twelve months from the surgery date. It is during this time that the rejuvenating effects of the facelift will become apparent and the real result will be seen. If you have certain concerns about the procedures and #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Lumps after Lower Facelift & Necklift

Thank you for your question.  Typically the technique I use means my patients have minimal bruising and swelling lasting for approximately a week however in some patients this can last several weeks.  After this period I will advise my patients to massage the area in the circular motions, this should help flatten any lumps and bumps.  If they still do not subside please make sure you return to your surgeon for regular follow ups, so they can guide and advise you.

All The Best 

Lumps after lower face lift

Thank you for your question.  Patients may experience swelling and some asymmetry following facelift surgery for up to six months.  It is important to discuss your findings with your surgeon and to make sure you healing is progressing as expected.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Lumps and Bumps -- Exilis ultra/Venus Legacy, Lymphatic Massage, Botox

all the treatments above help to improve the results of the neck lift and speed up the healing process.  Please speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling

I tell my patients that swelling will continue improving for several weeks after surgery.  As you continue to heal the lumps and bumps will dissolve and flatten out.  I recommend my patients have facial massages to reduce swelling and promote healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Expectations of swelling and lumps following facelift

Hello dfiveash and thank you for your question. It appears that you have some swelling under the chin, which may be present for up to 4-6 months following a facelift. If you have any concerns the best course of action is to follow up with your plastic surgeon. There may be ways to help speed along resolution of the swelling. Best of luck with the healing process!

Time for swelling to come down

I usually tell my patients that it can take anywhere from 3-6 months before all of the swelling and irregularities in the neck settle down.  Usually it's much quicker than that, but by 3 months you should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  It also all depends on how much work was done under the skin and along the muscle.  When in doubt, its best to communicate and ask your doctor as they are aware of what was done and what their particular experience is following their technique.  Best of luck! Congratulations on your procedure!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early result after face/neck lift

Usually 3-6 months is a time that I recommend to my patients to wait with their comments on the result of surgery. Lumps, asymmetry, swelling are very deceiving and may create lots of confusion. Good communication with your surgeon and open discussion in the time of follow up visits should clarify most of patient concerns. Good luck. 

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon