Laser lipo; My neck looks worse now then before the lipo. Is there anything that can correct this for me? (Photo)

Hello, I had laser lipo on my chin and neck about a year ago. My results did not turn out well at all. My neck looks worse now then before the lipo. Is there anything that can correct this for me. Thank you for your help.

Although a neck lift or face lift would be an option there are also times when the excess skin can be directly excised leaving a small Z-shaped scar.  Although the scar is visible it usually fades very nicely over time.

Neck muscles too tight or too loose?

Botox to  the neck(platysma ) muscle is often helpful to reduce the mid line fullness in some patients. A complete  physical exam  is essential to decide  if this is appropriate for you. If the neck muscles are actually too loose, then a neck lift  with a platysmaplasty is probably the best option. 
Best regards, Prashant Soni M.D.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Neck skin

Sometimes you can get laxity of the skin after liposuction. Your skin does look like it has lost its elasticity. You may have some muscle laxity as well. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon to talk about your options. There are many in your area. There is also a plastic surgery residency which would offer you discounted rates. You may be looking at a full facelift to fix the problem.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipo; My neck looks worse now then before the lipo. Is there anything that can correct this for me?

surgical tightening  of the skin of the neck can be performed. There will be scars in front and behind the ears but the skin removal will yield a good result and improve the laxity of skin in your neck

Julio Garcia, MD

Problems With Laser Lipo On Neck

You appear to have a depression on the right side, and unevenness of the neck.  For patients in your age range, liposuction does not address the excess skin that prevents a neck from looking tight and young.  A neck lift would address these issues.  Some correcting of the unevenness could be done at this time.  Please do your research carefully, and find a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience working on the face and neck.

Neck

littlered2466, let me address my opinion concerning liposuction of the head and neck area. For the body it makes perfect sense but in the neck (don't get me started on the face!) it is not ideal. Without the surgeon making a larger incision and actually seeing the 3D anatomy of the neck the tendency can be for the surgeon to over "suck" fat and give the patient a hollow and/or atrophic look which over time can become more obvious (since we tend to lose facial fat as we age). I much prefer what I call "open liposculpture" where I can visually assess the 3D anatomy of the neck, remove the offending fat and leave the good fat (yes some fat is actually good). This approach that I've developed over the past 25 years has yielded much more predictably good results that last over time and look natural. See more than one surgeon and choose physicians that specialize in facial aesthetics. Evaluate their photos, lots of them, ask questions and you’ll most likely end up with good results. You basically need your neck redone by a facial specialist. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Necklift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a mini facelift with a neck lift.  If good technique is used, this can be done with minimal scarring and can result in a natural look, not over-done look, with rejuvenation of your face.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. While time is a great agent for healing, please ensure that you are following your surgeon's recovery instructions. Additional remedies include fillers and revision surgeries. You would benefit from a consultation with your surgeon to discuss the outcome. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Removal Without Skin Tightening Can lead To Sagging

It's not unusual to have lax skin after a fat-removal process. The sagging you are experiencing would probably best be remedied by either a neck lift or a full face lift. I hope this helps.

Lower face and neck lift

From this photo, it seem like you would get a great result with a lower face and neck lift. An in person exam would be needed to come up with the best treatment plan. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in facial aesthetics. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes. 
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #lowerfaceandnecklift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon