Is it normal to accidentally rub off the moist slimy skin after CO2 laser facial surgery?

I had co2 laser resurfacing on a facial scar. Also had fat transfer done twice and was looking better after various treatments...this was a pretty long an deep scar. Is it normal for some skin to come off at nite since it is on the cheek area. Hard to sleep cause I'm a afraid of laying on the moist, sticky face. So is it normal to accidentally rub off some of that slimy lose top skin? I am going thru day 3 or 4 and I must have touched my pillow again.

Co2 Laser and Post Operative Skin Care

This is part of the healing process, but it is important to protect your delicate skin. I suggest a silicone based growth factor gel, heliocare, a hyaluoronic acid serum. Follow your physicians post operative skin care regimen. Hyperbaric oxygen and PRP treatments (which we do for our post operative co2 patients) can give a significant increase in wound healing at this time. Best, Dr. Emer

Yes, it is normal.

Yes- this happens. We want to be very gentle will all aspects of skin care after CO2. Protecting your skin at night with Vaseline may be helpful. One of our favorite treatments for facial scars is INFINI combined with platelet rich plasma. PRP is injected beneath the scar prior to treatment to ramp up the healing process.This has become our go to treatment for wide spread acne scars. A series of 3-4 sessions may be needed. Healing time is 3 to 4 days instead of the weeks, maybe months of CO2. 

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon