Co2 Lasers for crepey skin? (Photo)

Hello can C O 2 lasers be used on legs or other parts of the body to eliminate creepy skin? I have it on my calves and other places the calves bother me the most.

Crepey Skin on legs

Co2 is best suited for face ,and neck. As with any procedure to reverse signs of aging it is best to use treatments that are specifically designed for targeted areas. Since we are relying on our legs to get us from here to there on a constant basis there is the prolonged healing time it could take when considering using co2 in these areas on the body.There are several other procedures in conjunction with ultra hydrating topical body lotions that can help replenish moisture loss and thus helping in correcting the crepiness of the skin.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

CO2 laser treatment areas

CO2 laser is ideally suited for face/ neck/ decollate areas. Lower extremities (legs) are better off with other technologies as the CO2 laser can have complications from delayed healing. 

No matter what you end up deciding to use, plan to undergo a few sessions of treatments to obtain best results. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Wrinkles on Body -- Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Neck Lift, Fat Injections

Co2 is not the best treatment off the face, non ablative lasers like fraxel/ viva / skinfinity do better but require a series of treatments.  I suggest seeing an expert for a formal evaluation.  This may need skin tightening treatments as well such as thermage, venus legacy, ultherapy or thermi.  Best, Dr. Emer.