Sexual activity after Tummy Tuck revision?

I am almost 3 weeks post TT revision. I had liposuction on my flanks and back. Skin removal and just a few stitches in lower abs for muscle re tightening as it became a bit loose. When is a good time to resume sexual intercourse with my partner? I know I can check with my surgeon but I am too embarrassed to ask! Thanks :)

Sexual activity after TummyTuck Revision

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition. Any sexual activity should be avoided for a minimum of two weeks.Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman EstatesBarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Sex after Surgery

This largely depends on how extensive your procedure was. Always best to check with your plastic surgeon for the best advice. I generally allow most of my tt patients to have sex after six weeks with the woman in the top position so she is in control to make it less likely for an injury to occur.

#sexaftersurgery
#TT
#tummytuck

Tummy tuck revision

I appreciate your question.
its best to speak to your surgeon about this
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Sex after tummy tuck revision

Basically, you do not want to do anything that will hurt your surgery.  In our practice, we tell patients it is ok to have sex around 3 weeks postop but to not do anything too physical or athletic during sex until 6-8 weeks.  You should check with your surgeon (even though it may be embarrassing) because he/she knows the extend of the repairs done during the tummy tuck. Rest assured it is one of the most common questions asked, so you are in good company.  

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Sex

Hi Beck, As you can see the answer would vary from surgeon to surgeon, practice to practise, & more importantly the extent of the surgery. I usually advise my patients to resume intimacy 3-4 weeks following the procedure starting off gently at first and in positions which do not strain the core. After 5-6 weeks, you are all set to go.

Wishing you a quick recovery! All the best.

Sexual Activity After Tummy Tuck Revision

Great Question.  Typically it takes about six weeks for the healing of a muscle stitching to gain enough strength for vigorous activity, therefore, I recommend no sexual activity for six weeks in my practice.  Every practice is different and every surgeon has his or her own preferences, therefore, I would ask your surgeon what his or her recommendation is!

Sexual Activity after Tummy Tuck

I recommend my patients wait anywhere between 2-4 weeks before gently easing back into sexual activity.  This time frame depends on how well they are progressing.  Please ask your surgeon.  This is a legitimate question that your surgeon should willing answer.

Too embarrassed to ask?

Hi Beck

Your own board certified plastic surgeon in Indiana is in a much better position to answer your concern. Your plastic surgeon has the skills and training to assist you through this problem. Every plastic surgeon had that question asked a hundred times. A simple call will do but DON'T call about this at 2AM in the morning (as I had just such a call a few weeks ago) Just call the office and ask if you don't want them to see you blush.
BTW careful lovemaking during your recovery is usually just fine.

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Sexual Activity Post Abdominoplasty

In general, I ask my patients to wait a few weeks before trying any sexual intercourse.  After that, if you are comfortable, it should be fine.  Just make sure that nothing is hurting you and be gentle.  I hope this helps.