I've had fat grafted and want CoolSculpting. Do they mix?

I've had a fat transfer to my hips, and have since lost weight. Now my hips are about .5 of an inch further out than I'd like and I wanted to try Coolsculpting. Will the Coolsculpting results be lumpy since the fat was previously harvested????

Coolsculpting and Fat Grafting

Yes, you can have CoolSculpting done after fat grafting. CoolSculpting works by delivering precise controlled cooling to effectively target the fat cells underneath the skin. The treated fat cells are frozen, and then die. Over time your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates it. Patients can expect up to 20% reduction in one treatment. I recommend seeing an expert to determine if you are candidate

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting and fat grafting

Provided you are otherwise healthy, you absolutely should be able to reduce your hips with coolsculpting despite the previous fat transfer.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting, SculpSure, Vanquish for Fat Reducing / Sculptra for Facial Sculpting Collagen Building

If you have fat, then non invasive options can be used to give improvement. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting after fat grafting

Fat is fat, and Coolsculpting will permanently destroy fat whether it was grafted or not. You should be a good candidate. I'd recommend you see someone with a significant amount of experience with Coolsculpt.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting in an area of fat grafting

I have never done this before. My guess is that the treatment will work, but not to the extent it normally would. There is going to be some fibrosis/scarring. Another option is Kybella. I think this can be more accurately placed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD