Is it possible to have cryosurgery on skin (face) and not have ANY changes in appearance in the site that was treated? (photo)

I have zero change in my skin appearance, on my fact, after a cryosugery treatment on skin in front of my left ear. No redness, no swelling, nothing -- is this common? I was told that I would definitely see these changes in my skin temporarily while the site healed. The red mark visible in this photo is what has been visible to me for the past year.

Cryosurgery

Hi,

It is hard to tell from the picture you provided. I suggest going back to the doctor to view your before and after picture.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Getting the Results You Want--Cryosurgery Versus Lasers (Fraxel, Clear+Brilliant)

This is tough to answer without a before and after picture. I recommend following up with your Dr. about your concerns. I find that lasers (Fraxel, Clear+Brilliant) can give better outcomes. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer