Is minoxidil 5% helpful for thickening eyebrows?

is minoxidil is the right product other than hair transplant. if there is any sideeffect,how to recover that

Minoxidil for Eyebrows

In General I have not seen minoxidil help much with eyebrow regrowth, however it definitely can't hurt.  What I have seen produce better results is Latisse put on the eyebrows every night.  After about 8 weeks patients tend to see results and then can use it a few times a week.  I would recommend discussing this with your doctor.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil for Brows

We have patients who want to try everything prior to a transplant. Minoxidil is commonly used in our office for the brows. It doesn't hurt to see what kind of results you can get from the product. The product does stop working once you discontinue use. You may need to consider a transplant to thicken your brows at some point.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minoxidil for eye brow

You can use minoxidil for eye brow for a few months to see if it helps. If it dies to help then eyebrow transplant is a viable treatment option. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

There are no FDA approved products for eyebrow hair growth.

There are no FDA approved products for eyebrow hair growth.  Many try minoxidil topical with little to no success. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil/ Rogaine for Eyebrows

In general we do not see benefit from using Minoxidil to stimulate eyebrow hair regrowth. Losing the lateral third of eyebrow hairs is sometimes associated with hypothyroidism (low thyroid) so that is something you may want to discuss with your primary care doctor.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil for eyebrows.

There are many reasons for eyebrow thinning. So, you'll want to see a hair specialist to figure out your diagnosis and formulate a treatment plan. 

Minoxidil does not help all the forms of hair loss. But it can help some of the types.  Other treatments like bimatoprost can be discussed with your hair specialist too. 

But the starting point for anyone with eyebrow loss is first getting a diagnosis. Believe it or not, there are 100 reasons to lose eyebrow hair!

Is minoxidil effective for thickening eyebrows?

I have not seen Minoxidil have value for thickening the eyebrows. You may try it and see for yourself if it does the job

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon