Do I have gynecomastia? (Photo)

I think i have gyno but i am not pretty sure because my body fat % is 23. I want to become fitness model and I want to get surgery but i am scared that after surgery my chest is not going to develop or look good

Who is a Gynecomastia Surgery Candidate

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you.
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Male breast reduction

Thank you for your question and photos.  Although a strict diet and exercise would be best to cut down on your body fat percentage, some "stubborn" fat in the chest area can persist.  This can be liposuctioned, but if you have glandular tissue that will need to be removed as well.  Please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Gynecomastia

It appears that you have excess fat on your entire trunk. Many time if you reduce your body fat the excess tissue nthe chest will resolve. If not than there are surgicaloptions using small incisions that can help shape the chest. Only fat and breast tissue is removed wneh haveing gynecomastia surgery so your chest development will not be effected.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I have gynecomastia?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Persistence gynecomastia is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.
You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

You do have gynecomastia

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully.
The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

An exam in person is key. Many times liposuction can help improve the chest and abdominal areas.  But, do not expect to look like a fitness model after the procedure. The fat content will decrease but to really see the "cut lines" your total body fat content has to be very low.

Gyno

Thank you for the question but an examination is needed so some some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD