Are chemical peels an effective solution? Are they permanent? (Photos)

I have an uneven skin tone. It's pale, dull and a little dark. This bothers me. I want to get an even and fair complexion. I also have white spots on both sides of mouth.

There is no chemical peel that would be appropriate that will be "permanent."

Less is more.  You have have issues with your skin.  However your skin is overall amazing, youthful, and beautiful.  Chemical peels that are deep enough to be permanent will harm your skin permanent.  Do not get talked into something like that.  On the other hand, a light chemical peel (trichloroacetic acid 10 to 15%) will help your skin for 3 to 4 months and will not harm you.  Please see a board certified dermatologist for this care.  

Chemical Peels

Chemical peels are an be a permanent solution in evening out the skin tone provided that you don't do back in the sun. Multiple chemical peels over a permanent period of time will even out the skin tone, color, and texture. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green