Can I use TCA peel for vitiligo

Vitiligo

Can I use TCA peel for vitiligo

Thanks for your query. Chemical peels are not a very good option for vitiligo. Vitiligo increases with heat and friction. Chemical peels act as deep exfoliant so there is a good chance that it might increase area covered by vitiligo. In vitiligo all sorts of harsh chemicals, exfoliants should be avoided and only mild cleansers and emollients should be used. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

No, can worsen vitiligo

Look up the word Koebner, this means that any form of trauma, including chemical peels and lasers can worsen vitiligo, so, my advice is that you do not undertake TCA peels. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist