TCA burn, hypopigmentation?

I did a 20% TCA peal on Friday. Today is Wednesday and where the I had pimples the skin peeled and the skin looks pink/white. I washed my face and a brown ring has form around/on-top the pink. it is raised and a bit crusty. i applied mometasone furoate .1% ointment on it has reduced the tender tenderness and inflammation. How long with it take for the pink spots to heal? I have Retin-A .1% will that help fade the crusty brown rings around it?

TCA burn, hypopigmentation?

Thanks for your query. You should always get a peel under medical supervision. The brown spot will go but it takes time. Does not peel or fiddle with it as it can give you hypo pigmentation? Just moisturize it well and use proper sun block. If you experience itching or pain over it you can use mometasone cream over it . Avoid retin A cream as it can further cause scabbing. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Wound care after TCA.

20% is pretty strong for a home peel. Now, the aim is to care for your wound with proper dressings and to prevent infection and PIH or skin colour changes. This has to be assessed by a Specialist. Do NOT place a retinoid on wounds this early or it will cause irritation and may worsen things. Video below shows how to do a LOW concentration peel safely. Take care. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Chemical Peel Safety--Always see an expert

I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist in order to advise you on aftercare. I advise you to not apply TCA peels yourself and to always seek a professional in order to have these administered. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer