Treatment for prominent chin? (Photo)

I have for a long time disliked the appearance of my chin. The mentalist muscle is too large and kind of too tight(?). Well, it makes me look like I have a receding chin and I look l like Jafar from Aladdin when I smile. My buccal area looks chunky too, is there maybe a correlation? What treatments are available to make the labiomental crease less deep and give the lower face a more relaxed appearance? Note: I do have a deep bite, but only dental

Deep mental labial fold

The length of your chin in a vertical dimension is causing your deep mental labial fold. I would recommend a genioplasty procedure to lengthen your chin and possibly reduce the prominence from a side view. A genioplasty allows a surgeon to control both dimensions of the chin and should give you the result that you are wanting to achieve. For the fullness of your lower face, I would recommend a procedure to reduce the lower buccal fat pad... the procedure is called a bichectomia. Both procedures can be performed at the same time and in the office under intravenous sedation. Best of luck!

Ventura Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implants

If your upper teeth are pushing your lower lip down, a deep submental crease will result. If not a chin lengthening procedure by genioplasty or implant would help.

Michael J. Yaremchuk, MD

Chin/Lip Reduction/Fillers/Botox

Based off the photos, it is difficult to provide an accurate surgical plan. A chin reduction/witches chin correction might be necessary to soften the appearance of your prominent chin. In concern to the Buccal Fat Removal- the photos are again hindering my proffesional opinion - Fillers like VolumeXC in the upper cheeks to lift the folds is a common treatment for nasal labial folds. Please call for an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and hyperesthetic facial specialist. 

Best Regards,

Dr. Randal Haworth

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS

Prominent chin

Botox for the mentalis issue would help.  Also, the labiomental crease can be reduced with fillers such as Voluma. I can't assess the buccal area well from the pictures.  An in-office consultation with imaging and simultaneous morphing would help in the decision making process.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD