Is it normal for my stomach to be this bloated or big 7 weeks after Lipo? (photos)

It's been seven and a half weeks after lipo to my lower and upper stomach. I don't know if this is bloating or fat or something else but I look like I'm pregnant if you look at me from the side. I was kinda bloated right after but as the week goes by it even got bigger... I'm sore to the touch specially near my belly button but have gotten much better than before...why is my stomach not flat?

Flat stomach

First, it will take about 6 months or so for the swelling to subside. Second your muscles may be weak or your spine may be curved causing you stomach to protrude a bit.

Liposuction - stomach still bloated after 7 weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Swelling after liposuction is common but it should be improving a bit by now, not getting worse.
  • If it is not improving, you need to see your surgeon to be checked.
  • It will take 6 months for all liposuction swelling to subside, sometimes it takes longer.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Is it normal for my stomach to be this bloated or big 7 weeks after Lipo?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD