URGENT Superficial Chemical Burn from "Fire and Ice Facial" at Medical Spa. Please help!

On Friday, I had a Fire & Ice Facial from a Medi-Spa in my area. I made sure to ask if Retinol use was ok. (I had stopped use of my Retinol 0.5% 2 days b4.). After, certain spots of my face started oozing, In response, she gave me the TNS Recovery complex & the iS Clinical Pro Heal serum to quicken healing. I was told to apply both. Then it sunk in. Did I worsen or cause irreparable damage? I would like to minimize possible scarring as much as I can, & help the healing process. Please help!!

Chemical burn

Hello and I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the Fire & Ice Facial. It is very hard to determine without photos posted. I would recommend following up at the med spa to address your concerns. They should have a medical director on staff that can treat you. 

Fire and Ice Facial

It would be difficult to determine what is going on without seeing you. I would recommend you make an appointment with a dermatologist for an evaluation. You need to make sure there is no infection going on that needs to be treated. Prompt treatment with the correct post care creams and medications is essential to prevent any permanent damage such as scarring. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist