Is 3 wks after surgery too late to begin use of a compression garment and how long per day should I use the garment?
Doctor Answers 2
Leg and arm lift - is it ok to wear a compression garment now?
- I am so sorry you had trouble with garments that fitted you comfortably.
- It's not too late to wear one -
- The purpose is to support your body while you heal. They reduce the swelling.
- But they do not, as best we know, affect your final result.
- After 2 weeks, I tell my patients to wear the garments as they feel they need it -
- For some this is at night, others during the day, others round-the-clock.
- Ask your surgeon if this is a good approach for you.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.