Time off work for thigh lift.

I am having a long vertical thigh lift at the beginning of september, how long would i need to take of work? I was planning on taking 2 1/2 weeks , is that enough? I am a hairdressier. So a lot of standing is required.

Time off work for thigh lift.

Thank you for your question.  Generally, 2-3 weeks off after a thigh lift is enough time off before going back to light duty work, provided that you're healing well.  Be sure to ask your surgeon about these concerns.  Good luck.

2-3 weeks is probably OK. As long as your wound does not separate early you should be OK by that time. Ask your surgeon as his or her technique might have a different prospective maturation. 
Best Regards,
John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Time off after a thigh lift

You are probably pretty safe to go back to work at 2 1/2 weeks. Given your job, and being on your feet a lot, you may need to be able to take a little extra time between clients and get your feet up.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Time off work for thigh lift.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  2.5 weeks should be sufficient time to return to work but you will need to be vigilant about wearing a compression garment and getting off of your feet whenever work permits it.  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns as they know the full details of your procedure and can offer you the best advice. 

Thigh lift recovery

The vertical thigh lift can be one of the longer recoveries given that you will have an incision in your groin and down your leg. You definitely want to take it easy and follow your surgeon's instructions carefully. I generally tell my patients 3 weeks, but this is patient dependent. Given you are on your feet most of the day, you may get increased swelling. You will want to make sure you speak to your surgeon about compression garments as well. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Time off after surgery

It's best to discuss this with your surgeon. That might be sufficient time but standing all day and wearing your garment, you may need the option to sit down on and off? Speak to your surgeon and they can advise you.

Time off after thigh lift

That is a reasonable time but be aware you may still have some small dressings on areas of the wound and you may also need to wear a compression garment but discuss this with your surgeon.
Best of luck 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon