Will Infini RF Microneedling help my acne scars? (photos)

I want to try Infini RF Microneedling. I am Asian in my 20s so want to avoid hyperpigementation that Fraxel Laser may leave. I have a mixed of scars- boxcars, icepicks, rolling, and round ones. Before paying for consultation, I want to know if it will help. Will I be a good candidate for Infini RF Microneedling? If so, how many sessions will I need? I understand I will not be 100% scar free. Also, I still have some pimples but this is the best my skin has ever be. Can I still do micro needling?

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring is best treated with a combination approach. In between Infini treatment, microneedling/PRP, subcision and filler really help. I suggest you see an expert who can evaluate your skin and compare all the treatment options for your skin type. Best, Dr. Emer

Infini for acne scars

It doesn't matter what type of acne scars you have and what color your skin type is, the Infini works for all. It is better than lasers in my opinion. I've been using the Infini for 3 years and it's my go to device for acne scars. You are correct, it will take at least 3 treatments and complete resolution is not possible. Deeper scars can be filled with Bellafill if needed. There is a paper published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology regarding acne scar treatment with Infini.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Infini RF

Thank you for your question and your photos. Infini treats at variable depths to precisely target the different thicknesses of the facial skin for truly customized treatment. Infini stimulates your body to rebuild collagen and elastin to help fill in the scars and indentations. As far as the number of treatments it is safe to say you may need at least 3 treatments to see significant improvement. Most patients typically have more than one treatment. Full results can take anywhere from 4 to 6 months for the new collagen to fully grow. Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

INFINI acne scars, and Asian skin.

Yes, you are an ideal candidate for INFINI RF- I combine this with PRP now a days, as the results are better. Video and paper coming up. You will need other treatments, but 3 INFINI PRP will give you at least a 30-50% improvement, then you can target other scars. Always advice patents to get their acne sorted before scar revision. I make it a point NOT to treat patients with active acne, as if you scar in the future, you will just waste your time, effort and money. IMO your acne should be in remission before high end scar treatment are undertaken. I have seen PIH in INFINI (I have done at least 500 Asian - Darker skin types), this occurs if the needle depth is too shallow, energy levels too high and pulse duration too long. (Pore reduction uses shallower needles), for acne scars, you will be fine as I normally treat at the 2.75mm mark or longer. Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Infini microneedling can help reduce acne scarring in Asian skin and all skin types

There is always a risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (or darkening after a skin procedure), whether a chemical peel, laser or radiofrequency device.  In the short time that Infini microneedling has been available, the company has collected from different doctors photographs showing very good results in acne scar reduction without hyperpigmentation, but no one should say there is zero risk!

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Excellent Choice

Infini is an excellent choice for the treatment of acne scars.Other types of treatments, such as laser resurfacing, can cause hyperpigmentation as you've mentioned, but Infini is safe for all skin types without the risk of hyperpipgmentation. For most patients, I recommend a series of 3-4 treatment sessions, 4 weeks apart.  As there are different types of acne scars, I recommend that you be seen for a consultation to determine if other treatments would be additionally beneficial.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars

Your concern about hyperpigmentation is appropriate as you are Asian.  Based on your pictures and your skin type, I would recommend Infini treatment.  This device is great for even dark skin patients and the downtime is minimal.  It is difficult to say how many treatments you may need; it may be 2 or 3.  Good luck~

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scarringg

The infini is a good way to improve acne scarring. There are a number of ways to treat acne scars, but I have found this to be the best. Other modalities may be required on certain types of acne scars to give even better results.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

Infini is great for acne scars and skin texture

Thank you for the question and your photos. Based on the pictures you submitted, I feel that you are a great candidate for Infini. I have treated lots of patients with similar scarring -- and they are getting great results. In the past, I have used CO2 laser, TCA peels, the 1540 Erbium laser, and even punch excisions... but nothing has been as reliable as Infini. In general, we do three sessions about 6 weeks apart. Some patients only need two; others need four. If you are still having some breakouts, it would be best to get this under control before proceeding. We use the Obagi NuDerm and Clenziderm systems for acne and pigment issues. I have not had any hyperpigmentation issues with this device, despite treating many Asian and Hispanic American patients. 

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Infini for acne scars

I have been in skin care and plastic surgery for years and have offered a variety of different treatments for several degrees of acne scarring, including, TCA peels, dermabasion,  ablative CO2 and non-ablative CO2. I have been using INFINI RF for about a year now and I would say the results my patients have been getting have been very promising. The combination of Microneedling and RF has allowed me to treat ALL skin types with minimal down time and maximum results. It eliminates risks of secondary scarring and down time and the overall effectiveness of resurfacing has surpassed most of the previous treatments.  The combination of 2-3 treatments of INFINI followed with a possible touch up of Bellafill to deeper scars that may not have resurfaced  completely.

Usha Rajagopal, MD