Does smoking affect bone graft surgery? Does it affect my dental implant which will be placed after some months?

Hello doc, I had done my bone grafting surgery and it's been two weeks. I quitted smoking for two weeks and my question is can I smoke hereafter,does it affect my dental implant which will be placed after some months?

Smoking

answer is yes, contraindicated in graft and implant surgery. major  culprit for failure. so stop smoking.

India Dentist

Is smoking harmful to bone graft and dental implants

Hi:

Smoking definitley will delay healing and is not recommended after surgery or if you want to get dental implants.  

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Smoking and Dental Implants

Smoking increases the possibility of implant failure. When working to maintain a healthy oral lifestyle; it is important to consider your diet, how many times you brush your teeth, and your day to day  habits. Smoking, especially daily, increases  your chances of gum disease and failed implants. Smoking after bone graft procedure can cause your bone to not heal properly. Toxins in the nicotine can cause infection to the gums and decrease the chances of the bone properly healing.  By smoking after such a procedure yourself in  extreme risk of failure. 

Rajan Sharma, DDS
Chicago Dentist