Horizontal neck bands, would a Neck Lift Surgery help? (photos)

I'm 30 years old and I have had horizontal neck bands and excess fat for as long as I can remember. Even when I was very thin teenager. I'm a normal weight now, but they have gotten worse to the point that I'm self conscious of my neck in photos.  Thanks!

Horizontal neck bands

The horizontal bands you speak of are exceedingly difficult to treat and are not necessarily a sign of aging, as many young people have them. They simply appear because the skin is repeatedly creased in these locations over time. Surgery does not improve this condition. Resurfacing procedures might help a bit, but you have to be extremely conservative in the neck to avoid complications. Fillers may improve some of these lines but are of limited value. It remains a condition that defies total correction.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Horizontal neck bands

There is no perfect solution for the horizontal lines or bands in the neck. The best solution for a young person is Thermitight to tighten the skin and reduce the bands.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck bands

Thanks for your question. You are way too young for a lift, and that surgery would not correct the horizontal bands. This is a fairly common problem that actually can be corrected, and it is easily to have done. I have been injecting the horizontal bands with Belotero in two session about 10-12 weeks apart. The results look great and usually last for at least 2+ years. Find an experienced facial plastic surgeon.

James Shire, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too Young For A Neck Lift

I would not recommend a necklift for someone as young as you, and I think you can achieve your goals with much less invasive treatments. Botox and fillers can effectively treat neck bands and you may be a good candidate for treatments like Infini or microneedling. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Horizontal neck band treatment

Treatments to possibly consider is neck lift with Botox injection, filler injection (ex. Juvederm, Restylane), or neck liposuction. Typically neck lift with incisions under the chin or around the ears with neck muscle tightening won't necessarily help these bands. 

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon