Facelift for a Bald Person

Can a bald person have a facelift? Where will the scarring be?

Facelifts and Bald Men

Facelifts can be performed on Bald Men and the surgeon must be skilled in this area.  I have performed many in my practice due to my training with Dr. Bruce Connell.  The incisions are placed very carefully and must not show.  Equally as important, is the contouring of the neck.  This is a difficult area to perfect with limited incisions but can and has to be for a great result.  There are other aspects of neck surgery that are required and should be performed when operating on a bald headed man.  The end result must have a sharp jawline and clean neck.  The face must be lifted and incisions not show.  All of these goals can be accomplished and you can get a fantastic result.

Good Luck

Warmest Regards,

Dr. Walton Montegut

Newport Beach Physician

Facelift for Bald Patient

Yes, it is definitely possible to perform a male facelift even if the patient is bald. In your case, your surgeon will most likely make as small incisions as possible that are concealed in front of and behind your ears. I would advise that you ask to see before-and-after photos of past patients that your surgeon treated who were also bald. This way, you can get a better visualization of what your results will likely look like and can prepare for your own facelift from there. It is also important to know that scars do lighten significantly over time and with proper treatment. In my opinion, it can still be very beneficial to undergo a facelift despite concern about such scarring.

Julian De Silva, MD
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, a bald person can have a facelift but incision placement must be precise.

Yes, a bald person can have a facelift. However, incision placement must be very precise and care must be taken so that the scars are as small and inconspicuous as possible. It is unfortunately impossible to stop scarring from occurring entirely, but there are steps that can be taken to ensure scars heal as invisibly as possible. The most important thing is to visit a highly skilled, experienced, board-certified facial plastic surgeon who will be able to customize your facelift for the best results possible.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift for Bald Patients

Thank you for your question. Again, there is no real issue with bald patients having facelift surgeries. The problem lies in placing the incisions where it is least conspicuous. In many cases, the incisions are placed normally (behind the ear and around the structure of the ear) and will usually be noticeable for about 3-4 months as they turn from red to a natural fleshy color. Patients can help the process along by using makeup 1 week post-op. 

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Facelift in bald people

There will at least be scars in fron of and behind your ears, but they do heal very well.  I have performed many facelifts in men with standard make pattern baldness with excellent results.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

​Male Facelift in a Bald Patient

There are special considerations when performing a facelift on a bald patient. Since there is no hair to hide some incisions, the placement of incisions is even more important. The incisions need to be kept around the ear only, with possible additional incision under the chin. In some patients ancillary procedures, such as mid-facelift through lower eyelid and/or fat grafting is combined for optimum result. Seek out an experienced and skilled surgeon to achieve significant and yet natural results.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Faclift and Baldness, How Does it Work?

Dear Facelift patient,
A bald person can have a facelift and I have done many of them in my practice. You must be sure that your surgeon is an experienced facelift surgeon. To keep the chances of scaring to minimal, incisions must be placed precisely and there should be minimal tension on the flap. Three months after the procedure, some individuals may require slight laser resurfacing on the incision lines to make them less obvious. Good Luck

Kevin Sadati, DO

Facelift and Hair Loss

Hairloss can occur in a variety of degrees.  In patients with early to moderate hair loss, the facelift can be performed with the same incisions.  However, in patients with no hair (completely bald) special consideration has to be made for placement of the incisions.  A limited incision lift can be an option for patients without hair.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, a facelift can be performed on a bald person

Yes, a facelift can be performed on a bald person, which we have done in our practice several times. The scarring has to be kept to an absolute minimum. Incisions are placed in such a fashion that they are covered by the patient’s glasses. There can be no tension whatsoever placed on the incisions so all the incisions heal beautifully and are nearly inconspicuous.

Facelift can be performed in a bald person

The facelift procedure has gone through many advances in the past 10 years, especially for smaller scar incisions around the ear. When done well, the scars around this area heal well with very fine scars that may be difficult to see after six months or so. Oftentimes, these smaller scar facelifts can have excellent results depending upon your specific anatomy and needs. Examining your hair line and the other wrinkle lines can also allow for creative ways to lift and pull tissues around the brows and neck. Good luck!

Charles K. Lee, MD, FACS